Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snowpocalypse.

Hello,


I have been busy working a 9-5 warehouse job since November and have not had much time to blog about my art/life. Hopefully I will be investing in an iMac by the end of this month thanks to my beefy tax refund check. This warehouse job isn't something I want to do forever, yet it gives me funds to save and build my studio, make more art, and possible finish up school.

Courtney and I recently invested in a new television. We needed one since our tube tv went out and we had just got a Wii with wii fit to stay in shape during the winter. We randomly just went to BestBuy in the south loop and bought a used 40" HD flatscreen. it was a bit of an ordeal caring it without a box in the back of a taxi to our apartment in Pilsen. Its so awesome! I have never been one of those people that were all geeky about HD and technologhy, but I am so stoked to have this. The other day I went out and bought a Blu-Ray player at target so we can fully utilize the HD capabilities. So far we have added to our Blu-Ray movie collection 1 movie per day! Inception and Couples Retreat.

Couples retreat really made Court and I want to travel to Bora Bora.

It doesn't even look real its so beautiful. I might not be able to afford Bora Bora, but I thought at least I could afford my amazing and beautiful girlfriend a nice dinner for Valentines day in 8 days. I have been looking around and all restaurants are booked full. The ones that have openings are charing 120-200 bucks for a couples reservation/dinner. We both work that day as well, so I think we will just cook something new and French at the apartment and exchange gifts. Our limit is $35. I have still not found what I am getting her. Everything I want to get her is over $35. She likes the color purple, fixed gear bikes, timbuk2 bags, good books, writing, tina fey, tattoos, burlesque, cute dresses, knitting, glitter, mac makeup, etc.... any ideas???

On art related topics, I had a botched show in Lakeview. I wasn't really prepared nor where they. I have learned from the experience however. I have been dedicating more time to painting, slowly growing my portfolio and ETSY shop. A new website is in the works as well. I found this cool portfolio site for artist called OtherpeoplesPixels.com. I highly suggest it to anyone who makes art. Its a 14 day free trial and $16 a month thereafter.

I created one of those digital barcode things. (QR code image)


If you scan it with a smartphone app, then it links you stratight to my new website. I will be adding these QR codes to the back of all my paintings and new work, as well as business cards.
Hopefully it gets more traffic to my site and links, possibly resulting in more income from my art. Currently I have no major illustration projects or shows, so I am taking small gigs.

I am offering up blog banner design/illustrations for $25. Any size! Ad design for $10. message me on my website to inquire.
My paintings are for sale like always as well... Here is a small preview of what will be going up for sale as soon as i finsh them up:








Oh and I almost forgot, why I original began this blog... to show photos of the epic snow we got the other day here in Chicago. The following are photos from Court's i-phone from the past few days as we watched the snow pile up over the cars. Even Oliver and Nico were amazed. Check the photos. Being from Tennessee, this snow is ridiculous! 3rd biggest blizzard in Chicago history! 21inches over 24 hours.






Neways, off to watch the game and wait on Court to get home from the bakery.
-Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment