Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bonjour!

I am back to blogging. I have been ubber busy with life and art. I decided I wanted to get back into blogging and documenting my life for future reference and such. My thinking is that I will also be more productive. We will see how that goes. Anyways what has been up? Well Court and I are about to celebrate our 11 month anniversary of dating. It is pretty exciting. everyday I wake up to a beautiful and loving woman than inspires me every single day. I truly love her with all my heart. Cheesey I know, but its true.
I love that she is getting more into art, it makes me smile so much to come home from work and see that she has draw something with the oil pastels we got at Blick. Or when she makes postcards to send out to friends. I really want to get her some clay and we can make cute things to put up on etsy. I think she really likes exploring her other creative side... (she is a fiction writing minor) and amazingly talented if I may say so. I am giddy with excitement that she is pursuing her goal of publishing a book of her fiction stories. I am totally going to be out everyday walking to indie bookstores to have her work seen and bought up. I cannot wait!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I love You mini-Polish Baby!



On the art front of things, I have been doing fairly well. Getting a few commissions here and there, a couple obscure shows now and then, starting to push selling things on Etsy more. Currently I am in the talks with a Salon about having a November showing. I have also been interested in showing in a small gallery a few blocks from WTC site in NYC. I have new illustrations almost finished, just need to get them in a show soon. Recently I participated in a drawing panel at a club here in Chicago. It was really cool and a good experience. Got some exposure on Chicago blogger sites. It was such a positive experience that I was asked to come back this month and draw. I will post more information on the Atomic Sketch event later this week. I have been making up sticker packs to sell there. I actually blew myself away with these designs that I just randomly sketched out over the past few nights. The sticker paper I picked up around the corner at Staples for under 12 bucks for 150 4-inch square sticker labels. Copic markers, blenders, and oil pastels work super well making these. I have not came up with a price yet. But I was thinking 3 dollars for a 8 pack. And if you have not realized from them I am kinda making th teeth thing my trademark on the character designs. Helps create somewhat of a brand/ instant recognition gimmick.
Here are a few of them:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I will upload more tomorrow!


Checkout the Flyer/print design for house show I made up. Show was canceled but I really like this design.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Neways I am going to finish this up with a cool video I found the other day on Vimeo:

El Mac Singapore from Viet Nam The World Tour on Vimeo.


Until Tomorrow,
-Chris.

*listening to: Portugal, the Man- Guns and Dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment