Monday, August 9, 2010

Lost time on the spaceship.

Well hey there stranger!,
seems like its been forever since I last blogged. Anyways I have just been intensely busy with art lately. I have basically had 3 shows in 2 weeks. MAAF show, Wicker Park show, and Bleeding Heart Bakery-Oak Park. But I am finally taking a break nd focusing on quality rather than quanity now. I am busy boiling water for a bath...Thats a story of its own! but I must run. Oh also I applied to be a gallery intern at Chicago Urban Art Society. fingers crossed! So yeah, here is a bit of writing i did last night to leave you with. I like the way it flows, a bit of rhyme within:

Christopher Bell
August 8th 2010

How do I want people to see me as an artist?
I want people to see that I was a great person that happened to paint. I want people to connect to my art. I want to define a style that evokes a modern art movement. I want to focus my art to bring about positive changes within the societies I wake to everyday. I want to make people think, cry, and love like they have never before. I want to see raw emotions within the galleries my work is displayed. I want to see the tears of pain, of joy, of truth of the people as they relate to the raw emotion radiating out of the images I present. I want my lines to be bold. I want my lines to be thin. I want my paint to be bright. I want to show the aspect of all light. I want to present darkness. I want people to relate. I want people to see my art in a gallery as they are driving there car by, instantly pull over, park, walk hastily over to the piece and say “GODDAMN, that’s beautiful and Ugly…and I LOVE it. I am tired of people going into galleries and saying oh that’s nice. I want to create an emotional audience through a connection with my art. I want them to say boldly… Holy Fucking shit, I must have that.

-Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment