Friday, June 4, 2010

Broke..but you can't break me down today.

Today was somewhat busy. After my last post, Court and I went to Paper Source to pickup some stationary items for here to use for letter writing friends. We then headed up the brownline to Brian's apartment on the Northside. Its pretty cool neighboorhood, way out of my budget however. Neways after chilling therre an eating lunch we wnt to a few galleries.
1.) Rotofugi- a toy store/modern pop gallery that is absolutely amazing always. I love this place. Best shows of any gallery in the city. Also the owner..he is super amazingly nice.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I want to get into make these again. so maybe soon for the site. Just gotta get ideas down.

2.) MK Galerie- Cool little gallery off the Chicago brownline stop that feature newer artist to the scene. Plus the co-owner ha his work up and its pretty tight pen drawings.

Tonight, Courtney and I are going to the "Painted Ladies" opening show at the Oh No! Doom gallery in Bucktown. Next weekend we are going to try to hit up the Ray Noland show 'Sweet Tea and American Values" here in our neighborhood of Pilsen.

I am working for the rest of the weekend at Blackie's in the South Loop. Then for the week, I am back to working on illustration stuff and paintings. Next week, I'm going to be looking for another cafe job. If anyone knows of any cool cafe's in Chicago, send me a link!

Speaking of illustration, illustrator and one of my Memphis friends Derrick Dent turned me into a monster! Check it out:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I have also started work on my weekly illustration. This week, it is a jar of Nutella.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



The sky suddenly looks disgusting and now we are debating on whether or not we actually want to battle the elements and go to the opening at Oh No! Doom...at least it will be there for another month or so.

off to chill and make dinner. Peace out astronauts,
-Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment