Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Goodbye Coastline, We gotta get outta this port

Today I must say has been a great day and its not even over yet. First and foremost, today is Court and my 7month date we have been together officially. Its been amazingly good so far and I hope for it to continue on and constantly improving as we share our great lifes together here in this amazing city of Chicago. Chicago has been great to me and my art career so far. My 1st show is rapidly approcahing and I am doing more quality work here and expanding my porfoilo... as well as networking, building those needed connections for future sucess in the industry.
Court has been an esential part of all of this, and I love her verrrrry much.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Secondly, I must say that downlaoding Adobe illustrator was a great dicission! I love CS5 soooo much of any program I have ever seen or used. Its the best. I have been on a huge learning curve by far. The other day I had no clue on anything about illustrator... only a photoshop background under my belt. So I jumped into the program and thanks to trial and error and some great videos on YOUTUBE... I can do some pretty cool things now. I have been designing fliers for an animal shelter on 14h street.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also I have been designing some cool new business cards!
Then I began just playing around with the brushes and such on illustrator.
During this I have pumped out a cool illustration of Court...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really had fun doing this and began making them for my friends on Facebook. I got great feedback and have decided to try to make a small profit off these. Just 2 bucks per drawing however which is payable through our mailboxkids paypal account. If you would like one please email me at christopherbellillustration@hotmail.com or comment this post.

The second one. not entirely happy with this one.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Working on several more and will post them on here as i finish.
Hope everyone is having a good day. Off to make some illustrationsssss!!!!
-Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment