Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fucked Food chain..

Hi.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The new week has begun. Several things to get accomplished this week on my list. Court and I first started the week off by attempting to adopt two kittens, yet both times the other person holding them has fell through on their word. I am beginning to wonder if Craigslist is a good place to find kittens. I assume so however. We really want two kittens for the apartment. Two so they can play with each other when alone. Preferably one male and one female. We have even began researching vets to take them to as well. Furnetic looks pretty good. We will continue looking and eventually have two adorable kittens for sure!

The illustration project that I have been doing to learn Adobe illustrator has not been picking up as I initially thought it would. I have only had a handful of people question me about doing it, with only two people following through and actually paying me. Its only 2 bucks. I thought dozens of people would jump at the opportunity to have a custom portrait of themselves. To get this project out in the public I have been talking to the great folks at Bleeding Heart Bakery about doing illustrations for an event they are doing soon. Its still in the works, so much is still up in the air on the details. If you would like an illustration there is a side bar donation button link. Just email me a photo/link to a photo and donate 2 bucks. These are printable and I will email you it in pdf format so it can be printed in any size. I look forward to hearing from some of you guys. Also I was hired by a NYC blogger to design a character/logo for her blog. I am designing a character that is a celery girl with converse, hip, tattoos, etc. Its going to be fun!
Illustration of my friend Chris how now lives in San Diego.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I still have yet to complete some paintings for the MAAF show. I tend to start slacking near the final details of a painting... maybe because I am afraid I am going to fuck it up horribly right at the end somehow. Anyways I am going to sit down tonight and pump out these couple of paintings...of which have been evolving like crazy over the past few weeks. An idea comes and then another, then another, then another...they constantly shape the piece and something far from the original idea always ends up as the final product. sometimes astonishes me. I am beginning a new piece as well. It is going to be lake Michigan with Chicago's skyline in the background. An astronaut will be floating underwater. I am excited to begin this stencil. Oh, and the venue has changed on the MAAF show... its now going to be some cafe on Milwaukee in Logan Square. Space may be limited on my size of my 3 pieces so I will have to hold out and figure that out soon. Remember that it will be my first showing in over a year, and first ever in Chicago. The dates are July 23rd-25th. Free stickers of course to anyone who wants them as well.

Bike wise, I have been riding a bit more. Especially with Court to work. It has been fairly hot and humid recently which usually negates my urge to ride through the city. I have yet to get brakes put on, and my converses have been feeling the pain of that such tragedy. In other words, they are currently my brakes and the soles of them are getting burnt up by the tire as I stop at lights. I MUST get brakes soon, or be forced to get a new pair of converse. New converse do sound appealing though!

Court and I have been attempting to be more healthy as summer is in full swing of things. We created a list, we just must put it to work and stick to it. Our trip to Michigan is fast approaching, and I am beginning to get excited. Just a new scenery and people. We recently purchased a Netflicks account. Quiet possibly the best thing I have used in a long time. I love streaming documentaries whenever I want. Never really bored now. I just click on a movie and watch it instantly. It doesn't even need to buffer or load. The only complaint I have is that MacBooks speakers do not get loud enough! haha. All in all, its great. Court and I have been doing really well and if you would like to get her perspective on our life together checkout her blog. KidvsCity.
I love her! =)

Recently we have began talking about creating a ZINE for sale in small indie book stores around the city. I have began this endeavor! We have yet to create a name for it. Possibly the Unholy Harvest since its a collection of comics, political humor, illustrations, city reviews of things in chicago, and her literary fiction stories ( she is amazingly great writer). I have a couple of comic ideas I have began drawing up. One is a story of a homeless bearded man who was once a Columbia College grad. He is a bit crazy, yet somewhat genius as well. He befriends a remarkable intelligent pigeon in the city. The story/comic goes on to tell the insane adventures these two oddly paired friends get into and how they survive life in the city.
The second comic is about a bike messenger who also writes graffiti/ an artist in the chicago art scene, yet this story is unlike any other mundane story, because this story is set weeks after a horrific event of modern biological experiments and homegrown terrorism has led to a zombie filled Chicago. His bike is his way of life as well as his painting the city bright to keep his sanity intact. Along the way he mets these indie/hipster kids who live within the buildings with sustainable rooftop gardens evading the zombies that flood the streets.
Hope you guys like!!! I am stoked to begin these and have Court help me write them. Possible even create a book/ cartoon. We have also been looking into getting her fiction published. It all came from a stressful night of discussions about life and such, yet through this I want to help her get a book published really bad. Its one of her dreams I believe and I know it would make her so beyond happy. We are looking into self-publishing. Possibly a 150 or so page fictional story, paper back. Its not that expensive really. I am going to help push her to do this! Because she helps push me and keep me motivated all the time. I would get everyone to buy her book! haha.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Anyways the recent net-flicks account also allowed me to watch a documentary I have been wanting to watch for awhile now...FOOD,INC. It was all inspiring to change the way I see things and the way I eat. I highly recommend this film to anyone who eats food. Its mind-blowing! Watch IT!!!


I am going to ride bikes to ride with Court back home from Catalyst Ranch at 7 so I must wrap this blog post up. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Look forward to more illustrations, writing, photos, outings, and projects!
Tschüss,
-Chris.

1 comment:

  1. food inc. damaged me! lol Its great!!! its a huge eye opener.

    ReplyDelete