Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Donuts are NOT a vegetable

This post is random and i apologize in advance. haha... so what do I want to share in this post? well first I wanted to say a few days ago Courtney and I realized that the Chicago BANKSY stencil was just down the road from where she works. We have been trying to get down there, and finally decided to go. here are a few photos from that:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you don't know who BANKSY is...google him. the most famous stencil graffiti artist in the world by far. Oh and here is some cool wheatpaste illustrations we found near by...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Court also uploaded some photos from the BlackHawks' parade last week. here are a couple of photos from that day. Supposedly there were 2million people there in downtown.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Then after all that and working on new paintings all week, I finally got news that I WILL be in the MAAF show. July 23rd-25th. The blog documenting the gallery is here.
Oh and I might be doing a sketchbook project at a gallery in Memphis ran by a couple of my friends and it supports the arts in Memphis, which I am all about. Hopefully I get an invite to participate in this. I love sketchbooks!

Also I have recently purchased a new vintage bike...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I want to build it into a single speed/fg flip hub bike... I think Court and I are both building our bikes up cool over time. We have already been riding more. We rode to the bakery and got donuts today and to the post office to get stamps for her penpals. follow her blog. Also Michele out in Reseda, CA look for your painting, and Chris in San Diego,CA.. your painting should be wrapped up in coming weeks! much awaited!!!
I am currently finishing up projects just to start new projects and always looking for more shows to put my art in. contact me at christopherbellillustration@hotmail.com if you know of any shows/wanna talk about art/stencils/bikes/ or need art!
off to enjoy this beautiful Chicago day!
-Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment